Monday, January 5, 2015

Sick Day

Bah. I've missed days already. This is why resolutions are lame! To be fair, I've been sick, so I'll give myself a bit of a pass. I left work early Friday because I was feeling like garbage. Turns out I had a fever of 101, which thankfully went down with tylenol, otherwise I would have had to go to instacare. I spent the next few days coughing and blowing my nose constantly. Now my voice is gone and I can't speak at a volume louder than a mouse, so there's that.

So I stayed home from work and had myself a little internet browsing and Jane Austen movie marathon. I finished the mini-series version of Pride and Prejudice that I started over the weekend then moved on to the movie version of Sense and Sensibility. Totally worth it.

I spent the rest of my day researching health insurance options through the marketplace because we lost our work insurance. Something that is totally awesome when you're pregnant. Luckily I still have my secondary insurance. Now I have to plan my insurance around the hospital I want to deliver at. Ugh. While it's more convenient to just go with the same one as last time, I kind of want to try out a different hospital. It's a bit smaller and more personal, plus I've heard great things about their room service, so what's not to like?
I spent the rest of the day researching breast pumps and watching breastfeeding videos. I seriously tried with Ducky, but with her jaundice and not gaining, my BP meds and her terrible latch, we just never got the hang of it. We met with multiple lactation consultants and nothing helped. I tried fenugreek, mother's milk tea, lactation cookies, gatorade, everything and nothing worked. I tried 2 different hospital grade pumps and my boobs just hated them both. I even tried a manual pump and it did nothing. Eventually, Ducky needed to go on high calorie formula because she'd lost so much weight. This time around, I'm hoping to have better success. I know all of the techniques, it's just a question of putting them into practice. Luckily, we have a lot of time to prepare. Well, 5-6 months, but you know, that's a lot, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment