Monday, February 1, 2016

Apologies to the Internet

My TMI post about poop is one of my most popular posts for the year, I apologize internet... Hubbs was amused as well, but I debated telling him about it, so you were the first to know.

I'm recovering well from my D&C. I have my follow-up appointment on Wednesday and am confident things will go well. I'm nervous about finding out when we can start trying again.

I went on a job application spree over the weekend because quite frankly, I'm tired of waiting for a promotion I've been promised for the last year and a half. It was almost given to me and then taken away when they found out I was pregnant. They still haven't officially told me I don't have it, but they lowered my pay rate and are training someone else for the job. I'm just sick of feeling unappreciated. Hopefully one of the many new jobs I've applied for pans out. The good news is we're in a bit of a peak at work right now, so I'll get some overtime. There will definitely be a lot more stress involved, but more money to be had as well. With the goal of saving as much as possible within the next 4 months, any extra money thrown my way is something to be happy about.

Hubbs parents have given us the official word that they are moving here, so I'm excited that we don't have to go through the property management company and get other tenants. It's nice to finally have that squared away. Now we're just waiting for notification that the tenant in the house we're buying has given her 30 day notice so we can get the ball rolling on our loan. Everything should go smoothly with that since I've spoken with work and they are confident everything will go through. We're really excited to have an actual house with a yard and can't wait to put in a little sweat equity to really make it our own. We purposely kept our current townhome as-is for ease of renting in the future. I've been watching way too many home renovation shows in preparation for the move. I've also probably vastly overestimating our DIY abilities. Luckily we have a friend who works for a general contractor to help with the tough stuff.

2015 was a rather rough year, and even though we started 2016 off in a low place as well, we have a lot to look forward to and a lot of hope for the future. 






No comments:

Post a Comment