Wednesday, April 3, 2013

First Real Day at the New Job

I thought I knew pain. I thought I knew what it was to be bone tired. I thought I knew what it was like to be sore and have every part of your body ache. I was wrong. I was so, so very wrong. It was all just a glimpse of the true horror that is my body today.

10 hours of hard labor after being a couch potato for basically the last... I dunno, 6 months, was absolute torture. My toes hurt, my hair hurts. My hair was plastered tightly to my head with sweat. Inside my HEPA mask, I had a continual goatee of sweat. I had to keep wiping the inside of my safety glasses because condensation kept popping up on the inside.

At the end of the day, I could barely walk, every part of me ached. I rode home on my scooter, barely able to grip the throttle and wincing in pain every time I had to put my feet down at a red light. You know what though? It was an awesome day. I relished in the new experiences and learned new things. At the end of the day I was able to look and actually see the results of my sweat and hard effort. It was awesome.

I'm going to regret it in the morning, but hopefully after a week or so, the pain will go away. lol. The other fun thing, is I'm pretty sure I'm going to lose a crapton of weight because holy heck do you work every muscle in your body. Future fit me, and current fat me are very excited about this. 

No comments:

Post a Comment