Sunday, September 8, 2013

The Great "Flood" of 2013

Our apartment flooded yesterday. Typically, where we live doesn't get monsoons... apparently the city was not prepared. Our patio is about 3.5 feet below ground level, and only has one drain. A drain that definitely got clogged after a few leaves and whatever else go in the way. The water level just kept rising and rising until eventually, it was about 3 inches up on the glass to our patio door. I took this pic before it got really bad.


You can't really tell, but at this point, it's a good 4 inches deep. I recruited a couple of neighbors to help Hubbs bail it out. By the end of it, our living room carpet got soaked about halfway to the kitchen. So that was fun. Right now there's a giant fan blowing it dry, but it doesn't really seem to be helping much. We also lost power for a few hours, but that wasn't so bad. It was a nice little flashback to monsoon season back when I lived in Arizona and Nevada.

Wednesday we find out what little Ducky is. I still think it's a girl, but we'll see. We're still planning on revealing it to everyone at the baby shower, but I think perhaps you'll get a little sneak peak. We really need to start getting serious about the whole name thing, and knowing what it is will help with that.

I'm a little overwhelmed by the whole registry thing. What we actually need vs what we think we need and generally being completely lost. I think I've come up with a pretty good one though. It's mostly white onesies in varying sizes and sleeve lengths, and a bunch of those wearable blanket things.

How have 16 weeks gone by so quickly? Before I know it, this whole pregnancy will be halfway over. 9 months seems like such a long time, but it's hardly any time at all. I'm going to try to sign up for one of those parenting classes, so they teach me the basics. Hubbs has a lot of experience at this point from babysitting our niece, but I feel wholly unprepared.

No comments:

Post a Comment