Tuesday, September 3, 2013

2 years

August came and went and I didn't even realize it was my blog-iversary! That's a word, right? Anyway, two seemingly long years ago I started this blog about my infertility diagnosis. It became a place for me to vent my frustration at the whole situation in general, sometimes at Hubbs, sometimes at the world.

It just was a safe place for me to be sad, angry, depressed, hopeful, and frightened. Hopefully someone would read it and feel that they weren't alone in their struggles.

Two years later I am one of the women I'd hope I'd be. One of the "success stories", one of the 44% who magically get pregnant on their own after struggling with IF, treatment failures, and/or giving up hope.

I hit the 15 week mark on Sunday. It's weird, sometimes I actually have to remind myself that I'm pregnant and sometimes I feel it acutely. I'm terrified and excited and in a place where I desperately wanted to be for so long, and then for a brief moment, wasn't sure I even wanted to be.

Here we are now with this magical little miracle baby on the way and hoping everything works out for the best. I'm hope you'll follow along this month and join in this next stage of this journey with us, when "IF" became "yes" and "when" became "now".

No comments:

Post a Comment