Monday, November 11, 2013

11/11

Veteran's Day

Today I remember my maternal grandfather who served in World War 1 (yes, he is that old), My paternal grandfather who served in World War 2, My dad and uncle who served in Vietnam, all of my friends who have served over the years, and fear for Hubbs, who plans on joining the military in the upcoming year. I'm thankful to all of those who choose to serve and do their part to stand up for what they believe in.

Laziness

I have been supremely lazy lately. When it comes to cooking dinner, I just don't want to bother. I made a crock pot ham yesterday and roasted some carrots. Hubbs had the nerve to complain that I didn't make enough side dishes. I told him if he wanted more food for dinner, then he should cook it himself. I'm just not that hungry anymore, and half the foods I used to like, I can't stand eating. I'm not going to cook this huge dinner and watch all of the leftovers go to waste, like they inevitably do.

Sleeping

Naps are my new best friend. I just feel so wiped out and drained all the time. I thought this was supposed to go away in the 2nd trimester, but here I am, rounding the 3rd, and there's no end in sight.

Heartbeat

My heart has been acting a little wonky lately. Occasionally, my heartbeat will get irregular, skipping a beat or two every few seconds. When it happens, I definitely feel weird and can feel it beating in my chest. Sometimes it also slows down a lot. I usually run around 100bpm, but it drops down significantly randomly. I know it's one of those things that can happen in pregnancy, but I'm going to go ahead and call the Dr anyway just in case. It seems like one of those things where it can't hurt to check and make sure everything is alright.


No comments:

Post a Comment