Saturday, November 16, 2013

Ginormous Gigantor Baby

I had my last ultrasound for the New Mom Study that I'm in the other day. It turns out little Ducky isn't going to be all that little. I knew we would have a big baby, since I was 24in long when I was born, and Hubbs weighted 10lbs 6oz, so I guess it feels good to be right. At the moment she's measuring about 2 weeks ahead for height and weight. Luckily it looks like she'll have a normal-sized noggin though, she'll just be super tall.

She's been kicking up a storm. I definitely didn't realize how far up in my belly she'd gotten, until I noticed her kicking my ribs. I'm not sure if it's because I slouch when I sit or just because she's that darn big. Hubbs felt her kick last night, which I was excited about. It's nice that he can have that little connection with her, even if it's only every once in a while. She never seems to want to kick when we want her to.

She's definitely going to be stubborn, just like me. They tried to do a 3D scan at the ultrasound, but she refused to move her arm from near her face. She was wiggling it, kind of like she was trying to cover up as much of her face as possible. I know she doesn't have that mental capacity yet, but it sure seemed like it. lol.

I'm starting to get a bit more confident that she's definitely going to come earlier than anticipated, whether naturally or if they decide to induce me because they're worried she's going to be a big chunker. The midwife from a while ago is still very confident that I can pop out a 9 pounder no problem. Hurray for being built like a linebacker and having a cavernous pelvis apparently.

Here's the first pic we have of her looking less creepy skeletony and more like an actual baby.


No comments:

Post a Comment