Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Hubbs' Happy Surprises

Talk about a surprise that made you happy.

Hubbs is generally not a romantic person. He sucks at the whole "wooing" thing. I pursued him the whole time we were dating and he's less than creative when it comes to little gestures for the most part.

There were three times he absolutely knocked my socks off.

1. I'd been having a supremely crappy day and we got into one of our very rare fights. This was back when we were dealing with IF and everything was super crappy.  He'd gone off to go do something and I stayed home mostly crying and pouting. He came home with a HUGE milkshake, because he knows I like a good sweet treat when I'm feeling down.

2. My favorite book is Persuasion by Jane Austen. Cheesy I know. Hubbs is well aware that my favorite part of that book is when Anne reads the letter that Captain Wentworth writes to her. It's awesome. For my birthday one year, he hand-made a card and wrote a very sweet and lovely. Totally made me cry, but in a good way.

3. Hubbs' best friend got married this year. For the bride's bouquet and the groomsmen's boutonnieres, the bride made flowers out of photocopied book pages. Hubbs' was made out of pages of Persuasion. I stayed home with Ducky, so he went to the wedding by himself. He carefully packed the delicate paper rose and brought it back to me as a gift. I still need to find a baseball case or something to display it in. It was awesome.


No comments:

Post a Comment