Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Something is Wrong With Our Baby

I was in L&D yesterday for contractions and luckily those have mostly stopped. I had my regularly scheduled monthly growth scan today. I have BP issues, so they like to make sure this little guy is growing fine.

The tech asks me if anyone has ever mentioned a growth on his back. I say "No....". She goes to get the Dr., turns out he has an 8cm growth on his right side/back. I have to go to the perinatologist for an ultrasound but they couldn't fit me in till Thurs.

Apparently depending on what/where it is, little guy might need surgery in utero. I also might need a c-section now because the size and position of it might make vaginal delivery impossible.

I'm trying not to freak out, but I'm kind of freaking out. I've had ultrasounds monthly for the last 3 months and this growth came out of nowhere. The Dr said there's only a few things that could grow that quickly, the two most likely suspects are a tumor or a hemangioma. I'm really trying to put things out of my mind until Thursday when we can actually find out more, but it's hard.


No comments:

Post a Comment