Friday, April 17, 2015

Sabatical and Under $300 Double Strollers

Apparently sometimes I take 3 months off from blogging, you know, it happens.

Ducky has been keeping us on our toes, we refinanced our house, and we have been preparing for the arrival of Baby #2. We still haven't come up with a good nickname for him yet.

After work, I manage to get in a good hour or so of actual "me time" after Ducky goes to bed, and I get just too tired to function. Lately I've been spending most of my time researching double strollers. It's become a problem, I'm legitimately dreaming about strollers now.

We bought the Joovy Scooter X2 as our "daily walk" stroller. When we actually start our daily walks, we'll really get to test it out. For now my blood pressure is misbehaving too much to risk going on an actual walk. We've got it all put together and are planning a review once we can use it. So far my experience with their customer service has been AMAZING! They have actual people that answer the phone without any sort of phone tree to reach them. You can even tweet them and they'll respond! Excellent customer service scores all around.

We're looking at Sit-n-Stand and double strollers. Ducky will be a maximum of 16 months old when this little guy is born. We've got 2 months to go and it is crunch time. I've narrowed it down to the Joovy Ergo Caboose, the Joovy Caboose Too Ultralight, the Graco Ready-2-Grow, and the Contours Options Elite. I was interested in the Kinderwagon Hop as well, but I'm starting to doubt the longevity of that one. Ducky definitely shows signs of wanting to be independent and I think will really enjoy the option to sit/stand as soon as she is able (of course we'll wait until she's the recommended 2.5 years old though since I'm a sucker for safety). Obviously we have a bit of a budget restriction, so I'm thinking only strollers under $300.

I've watched youtube videos and other bloggers reviews. I'm lucky enough that there's a store nearby where I can test out 3 of the options, but one is being discontinued (the Ergo Caboose), and it is elusive. I might just have to spend an afternoon there with my infant bucket seat (a Graco SnugRide Classic Connect), Ducky, and Hubbs and just give them all a serious test drive around the store.

Does anyone have experience with any of these strollers, pros, cons, absolute deal breakers? 

No comments:

Post a Comment