Thursday, May 2, 2013

Hope

Hope is a funny thing. For a while there, I hung on to a lot of my old stuffed animals from when I was a kid, because I thought it would be cool to be able to give them to my kids. Joke's on me with that one. I keep most of them at my parents' house, like people do when they've grown up and moved away. In my place now though, I do have one stuffed animal... the one I've held out the most hope for. It's the very first stuffed animal I received. There's a picture of me, 3 days old, my first day in my new house fresh off the plane, and this stuffed dog totally dwarfs me. Sure it's missing one eye now, and has a huge hole in its neck that I patchily tried to sew up as a child. It's all ratty and I'm pretty sure has never been washed, I still have it though. Sometimes when I'm feeling sick or sad, I get it out of the closet and hug it tight. Even though it's a dog I named it "Beary". Beary and me. lol. I keep him because I'm sentimental and sappy. I think there is some small, tiny part of me though that holds on to hope. That holds on to the idea that some day, I will have someone to pass him on to. Maybe a niece or nephew, maybe a kid of our own if I ever decide to change my mind about the whole giving up on kids thing.

I don't sleep with beary now though, I'm afraid Gibbs will chew him up. lol. I sleep with several pillows. A giant body pillow and an extra regular sized one, I use them as surrogate stuffed animals, because Gibbs won't chew those, he just licks them.

I have a new job, which I started last week. Let me tell you, I fricking LOVE it. I keep waiting for that moment where I find something about the job I hate, but so far, it's been nothing but awesome. I like the people and the work and the company. This has never happened to me before so it's pretty great. I've been trained in a new area from the one I've been doing so far and everything seems to be coming up roses. I'm also super excited for health, dental, and vision after 90 days. Hurray for benefits! I'm probably the only person in the world who loves going to the dentist. Clean teeth make me happy.

Since I do have this great job, and don't have much time outside of that, I think I might have to restrict my blogging to just weekends. I guess I can make an effort to do it if I have some spare time, but I definitely won't be able to do every day. So pop over every once in a while and see what we're up to in this fantastical land of IF.

No comments:

Post a Comment