Sunday, October 13, 2013

Week 21 Wrap-Up

Wednesday:
Had the anatomy ultrasound. All of ducky's organs are properly formed and in the right place, so that's awesome. Everything looked good and she's measuring right on schedule, so hurray for that!

Friday:
Got laid off from my job that had promised me more hours and a promotion 2 weeks ago if I stayed instead of taking an offer at a different company for more money. The new job would have let me work from home as well, so that would have been nice. So now I'm 5 months pregnant, unemployed, and really not sure how I'm going to snag another job then go on maternity leave in 4 short months.

Friday night was fun, we went up to the city and splurged on an awesome dinner with the gift cards my brother and his wife had gotten us. We had the special, which started off with a wedge salad, and an entree of a bacon-wrapped filet mignon and crab-stuffed shrimp. We topped it all off with the best molten chocolate lava cake I've ever had.
Afterwards, we stopped in for a quick visit with Hubbs' grandparents, they're excited to have yet another great-grandbaby on the way and are always a joy to see. I haven't have a grandparent of my own since middle school, so it's nice to get the chance to have some now.

Saturday:
We lounged around most of the day and in the evening went out to our favorite Chinese buffet with Hubbs' other sister and her family. It was fun, we hammered out the rest of the baby shower details and had some delicious food.

Sunday:
Hubbs will be watching football all day, and I've been playing World of Warcraft since about 7:30 this morning. Overall, I think that's the perfect way to end the week. lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment