Saturday, October 1, 2011

Service Dog Discrimination

So i've been prescribed a service dog for everything that's going on. My apartment complex is trying to force me to pay an additional security deposit and impose restrictions as to what size sog i will be allowed and where in the complex the dog will be prohibited. They were unwilling to budge on this issue. I have done an obnoxious amount of legal research into the matter and have found several sections in our State Code as well as a court case which distinctly opposes this. I have 5 e-mails and one voicemail into the State Attorney General, the State Anti-discrimination and Labor Commission, both colleges that this apartment complex service's Disability Accessibility and Off-Campus Housing Departments, and HUD. I am so interested to see what they have to say on the matter. Then i can bring in printed copies of the e-mail responses and be like BAM! IN YOUR FACE!! and then if they still refuse, i shall be filing complaints with both the HUD (US Department of Housing and Urban Develpment) and the ADA (Americans with Disabilities Act - part of the US Justice Department).
This whole situation has caused me such stress and emotional turmoil. All i want to do is get my service dog and start living my life feeling like a normal person. I've been so worried and stressed about everything that i feel like i want to cry all of the time and i'm having a hard time eating anything because i constantly feel like vomiting.
I know no one reads this blog... but i can't help but feel like putting my frustrations out into the universe somehow makes it like someone hears me. Like it'll somehow make it all work out. I hope i get an answer regarding the dog soon. I've put in all of the paperwork and he'll be ready for me to pick up by the end of next week. Wish me luck universe. Pretty pretty please let this all work out in my favor. I don't think i could handle it if my apartment complex refuses to allowe me to get my service dog.

No comments:

Post a Comment