Monday, July 23, 2012

Baby Watch 2012

So at 3am (technically today) the SiL thought she was in labor. Painful contractions 2 mins apart. Hubbs and I dart over to their house so he can watch their 3 other kids and so I can tag along to the hospital. I had to switch cars in the middle of the street, but it's all good. Anyways, after lots of waiting and lots of irregular contractions, they give the option to stave off the labor with morphine and some other thing. After a long debate, they chose to get the drugs. The contractions slowed and got less intense and back home they went. I slept for about a grand total of 30mins on their couch before the kids woke up. I foolishly offered to let them sleep and watch the kids for them. Luckily, shortly after the first one woke up, I found my second wind. Lol.
Had fun playing with them and making up fire-breathing creatures, including a fire-breathing attack rooster and fire mosquitos, they were going to battle and see who was the best fire creature of them all! Then we built a marble tower and made and obnoxious amount of noise with it. They rode scooters, looked for geodes (they use the term crystal rocks very loosely), and eventually I was dropped off at home.

Taking a nap was totally a mistake, I am insanely dead tired. The kids are coming back over in about 15mins for a movie and pizza night with us whilst their parents attempt to have one last date night out before this baby decides to make an appearance for realises.

Watching her in the hospital room though, getting poked and prodded and being in obvious pain and unable to get comfortable at all... I had this moment where I was like, "man, I'm so glad that's not me" and then had this other moment where I thought "hrmm, maybe it really wouldn't be so bad to never have to go through this" I'm sure it was just a fleeting thought. One who has now spent a year dealing with IF really shouldn't have those thoughts. Lol. At some point, I really would like to have a biological child with the Hubbs. In this exact moment though, I have to say I'm kind of glad it won't be happening any time soon.

Well, baby watch 2012 continues. Being constantly on-call is a little hectic, but luckily I have pretty much nothing else do to. Lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment