Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Hopes and Spontaneity

Today was a bit of a blah day. I taught in the morning and the kids were way better than they normally are, so that was good. I had a job interview in the late afternoon, which I think went ok. Supposedly they'll let me know later this week if they want me back.

Now pretty much everything seems like it's just a bunch of waiting. Lots and lots of waiting. I decided we needed a bit of a break from the monotony. So this weekend we're heading to Vegas. We'll dog-sit for my parents whilst they're in California, meet up with my brother and his wife for some yummy dinner, and then my parents will be back and we'll spend a few days with them before heading home.

Next week is Hubbs' spring break, so I figured we should actually take advantage of it and go somewhere. Plus, when you're sick of everything and feeling kind of blah, for some reason, after you leave home for a few days, it feels so good to finally be home when you return. Gibbs enjoys the trips too because he gets very spoiled by his "grandparents" and also gets in a lot of playtime with other doggies. I miss my old dogs and one of them realistically doesn't have that much time left, so I want to see her and shower her with belly rubs and kisses.

I've let myself hope a little bit that things are actually going to work out for this dream job. Hubbs and I occasionally browse Zillow and check out all of the nice, affordable houses in the area where I would be working. I also now know that Hubbs and I would only have to be apart for 4 months if I get the job. Which is a lot better than we'd originally thought.

At this point, I've done the best that I can and just hope that everything works out in the end. I feel like I showed that I was knowledgeable about the job, I proved that I did research and chose this particular opportunity and not just any old thing that came along. I guess it's just been a long time since I've wanted anything this badly and I don't want to be too disappointed if it doesn't work out. I wanted kids and that's not going to happen, that pretty much crushed me. If I can bounce back from that, I guess I can bounce back from anything, right? lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment