Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Off to a Bad/Good Start

Well in some aspects, I'm off to a bad start, i.e. NaBloPoMO... but in others, I'm off to quite a good start.

Today was my phone interview for my dream job. I know that I did my best, I don't have any doubts on that. At this point, I'm waiting to find out if I'm moving on up. The next stage is a physical and a background check, followed by a super shiny official offer of employment. It's definitely fun and exciting when you're asked in an interview "How are you with heights?" and "How about confined spaces?" Good stuff. I should find out in the next few weeks if I'm moving forward, and I'm really glad they're not dragging it out. Hubbs has applied for a job as our back-up plan, just in case this job doesn't work out for me.

Other things that I am winning at is losing weight! In being more active and making conscious food decisions, since about the middle of January, I've lost either 9 or 13 pounds! Depending on if that little black line was 290 or 285. Either way, I'm back down to less that 300!! HURRAY! I know these are just little baby steps on the way to a healthier life, but I am super excited to at least see some progress! Every loss is a loss! FUN! Who knew that chasing around kindergartners and taking a 20min walk 3x a week could do so much. Now I've got to step it up a bit, can't trick my body into going all hoarders with my fat again.

Tomorrow I have yet another job interview. This would be the full-time "filler" job to take up my time and help us to save some money before we (hopefully) move across the country at the end of the summer. Even though I have 2 jobs at the moment, one pays me about $100 a week and the other hasn't paid me anything yet. Working strictly on commission is a tough thing. I have no idea how car salesman and real estate agents handle it! Hopefully I get this job, and all of our financial worries melt away. lol. If only.

I hope all of you had a good weekend. Mine was delightfully lazy and filled with a Sabrina the Teenage Witch marathon. Apparently all of the seasons are available for streaming on Hulu. This is awesome. I didn't watch the show as a kid, but I always thought it was something I would like. Turns out I was right. I'm already halfway into season 2. Madness. I'll try not to get too distracted though, because I really do need to finish up my book and try to sell it. My eldest SiL has read what I have so far and loves it. She thinks it's easily as good as any of the stuff she gets from the library, and it's just a first draft. It's nice to know that someone other than yourself thinks your work is good. It makes me hopeful for the possibilities.

No comments:

Post a Comment