Saturday, June 29, 2013

Everything is Looking Good

Well, so far anyway, it seems like things are on the up and up. My hCG is doubling every 48-72 hours as it should, my Progesterone is in the normal range, but not as high as the Dr likes, so I get to stick suppositories up my hoo-ha, that part sounds awful, and I'm starting metformin again just to be on the safe side.

I got them to remove the frighteningly scary "Pregnancy with Threatened Abortion" from my file, which apparently, had been put there in error. They only reserve that for when you have bleeding, which I don't, yay!

I told them that my cycles tend to be really long, so instead of now being 7 weeks, it's probably closer to 5. They did an ultrasound and after spending a long ass time even just trying to find my uterus, the Dr wasn't really sure he actually had. That's a scary thought. At the moment though, they have no idea how far along I am. Great. They scheduled me for another ultrasound next Friday, because they think that by then, the tech will be able to find at lest a gestational sac or something in there. Seriously, in my mind, I was like "awesome, my uterus has cloaking technology, way to go!"
I have much higher hopes for someone who does ultrasounds every day, rather than this ancient doctor who does one every once in a while. I'm still thinking about switching Doctor's. They were all much nicer this time around, but I don't know... maybe I'll give it a little more time and see.


I've also managed to get myself considered for a study in the area. They get first-time moms to participate to see why women have low-birth weight or early babies. I basically would go in once a trimester for an ultrasound and some labs, and get paid for my trouble. Free money? Ok, if you insist.
Even though it's even earlier than we though, and my due date is looking more like March, than February. I still want to tell people. I know everyone's like, no-no! Be cautious!  So far I've gotten a kick out of the shocked and excited reactions from our friends and family that we've told so far, and why not keep that fun going?

Since so many women go past their due dates on the first one, I'm totally hoping for a St. Patrick's Day baby now, Valentine's Day can suck it.

1 comment:

  1. Valentine's Day is a cute birthday - for girls. For boys it SUCKS, or so says my husband who is a heart baby.

    ReplyDelete