Monday, December 9, 2013

Good News Everyone!

My labs finally came back and I don't have the diabeetus. Which is super exciting news, hurray for getting to continue eating ice cream almost every night.

My jug test of doom also came back within the normal range, so at the moment, I don't have preeclampsia, which is awesome. They're still going to monitor my BP and everything, but hopefully everything will be just fine.

I'm still trying to wrap my head around the fact that we're going to have a kid in about 2 months. A child... a living human that we are solely responsible for... it seems like a very daunting task. I think we're up for it though.

Hubbs' last week of school is this week, finals the week after, and then he is DONE! Hurray! His graduation ceremony won't be until May, but it's still nice that he'll officially be considered a graduate with a Bachelor's in something or another. I'm not sure which category Spanish falls under, arts maybe? It doesn't really matter.

His job is on hiatus now as well, and he's debating about getting something over the holidays until he gets to go back to work around February-ish. Pretty much whenever the snow decides to melt. It would  be nice to have a little extra cushion to tide us over the winter, but it's really up to him.

I have a job interview next week! Well, I'm testing for the job, and then they invite the people who passed to come back the next day for the first round of interviews. I've tested for this type of job on two other occasions, and have always made it to the final interview process. Here's to hoping this is lucky number three. I also have a slight advantage, since Hubbs works for the same city I'm applying in, they do a nepotism sort of thing, where they're more likely to hire you if you have relatives who work for the city. You just can't work in the same department. Also, they don't seem to care that I'm super pregnant, because training wouldn't start until around my due date anyway. Wish me luck!


No comments:

Post a Comment