Sunday, December 29, 2013

Year End Wrap Up

The end of another year, Hubbs and my last year as "just the two of us". It's pretty crazy to think about.

The last few weeks have been rough. I'm on modified bed rest, being monitored closely for Preecclampsia, and overall just feel icky. I can't shake this cold and had to take a Christmas Eve trip to Labor & Delivery for high BP and some contractions. My platelets are dropping, but not to a scary level. I get the fun of blood work and a 24 hour urine test every 2 weeks. After the L&D trip, my Dr said it's not a question of IF I'll get Pre-e, it's a question of WHEN.

At this point, it's looking like we'll be lucky to make it to February. My doctor's office is just trying to get me to hit term and then it's likely I'll be induced. Basically, if things keep going the way they are, I'm going to pop out this kid in 5 weeks or less. It's kind of a frightening thing to think about, but I'm sure they know what they're doing. We've set up the crib and I've sorted all of the 0-3 and 3-6 month clothes and burp cloths and receiving blankets and such and they're ready to be washed. We have an overabundance of baby blankets, but I'm sure somehow we'll still run out.

Really all I have to do now is sit and wait and try not to get worked up or stressed out. Seems simple enough. I still sleep like crap and am starting to get grumpy about it. Hubbs just lays there snoring loudly next to me and it takes me well over an hour to fall back asleep. Oh how I envy his ability to just conk the eff out. Yea, yea, treasure the sleep now cause when the baby comes, blah blah. Through the night I itch and scratch and can't get comfortable. I wake up every morning with a pounding headache and swollen hands. My feet are starting to get fat, which is fun, I can still see my ankles though, so that's a win in my book.

I think I vaguely recall before I got pregnant and was struggling with IF, I hated the pregnant women who complained, knowing that I would trade with them in a minute. Yes, I am thankful that I get to have these symptoms at all, and should be super excited about the fact that in a month and a bit, I'll have a little girl to show for all of this effort and pain.  At the moment though, all I want is a nap and I woke up an hour and a half ago... lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment