Thursday, December 19, 2013

Jug of Doom Version 2.0

Hello my old friend. I was sent home with a delightful urine hat and jug number two. Apparently, I get to experience this fun every 2 weeks now. The BP is still hovering on the borderline of dangerous and if it gets high enough, it's off to the hospital and I'm probably going to have to pop out this kid far earlier than anticipated. 

I'm also now on modified bed rest. Really, this is what I was doing anyway since I got laid off, but now it's official. She pretty much told me to just try to spend more time horizontal than vertical. I can manage that I think.

It's becoming increasingly obvious with every visit that there is absolutely no way in hell we are making it to the Feb. 23rd due date. I so knew this was going to happen. I've told her about a couple of my other symptoms and she explained to me that if some of them don't go away with a warm bath or heat pack, I get to take a trip to Labor and Delivery for monitoring.

I feel like I should be more scared, but I really believe that everything will turn out ok in the end, so I'm not too worried. They've caught the problems early and are monitoring me closely, which I'm pretty sure is half the battle.

No comments:

Post a Comment