Monday, December 2, 2013

Third Trimester

We're coming around the home stretch. Crazy. Last month, I pretty much sucked at blogging every day, even though I'm home, not really doing much of anything at all. This month, I will endeavor to do better, even if it's just a sentence or two.

We'd gone to Vegas for Thanksgiving, so at least I have somewhat of an excuse for not blogging those days. We left on Wednesday, halfway through the drive there, I puked in the car. I haven't thrown up in a car... um... ever. I decided it was something I ate since the majority of it seemed to be dinner form the night before. Overall it was really gross and unpleasant considering we had to drive about twenty more minutes before there was a gas station where I could freshen up. I spent the rest of the day feeling icky. On actual Thanksgiving, I felt well enough to eat real food. I nibbled a bit here and there and it was fun to spend time with family. The next day we went out to this amazingly delicious restaurant that's become a new family favorite with my brother and his wife and my mom. It got progressively more and more awkward the drunker my mom and brother got, but that's pretty typical. The food was yummy. Our last night we went to the Cheesecake Factory and nommed more delicious things. Basically, the days were filled with lounging on the couch and binge-watching the Food Network while the nights were filled with scrumptious food. I'd say that makes it the perfect vacation. We ended our trip with a stop to Raising Cane's so I could give in to my craving for their obnoxiously good chicken fingers. It turned out to be a good idea because we were completely stopped in traffic on the freeway for a good two hours just outside of town. It was brutal. Getting home took about 8 hours total instead of the usual five and a half. That part wasn't so fun.

It's seriously shocking to me that we just hit the 3rd trimester marker. Before I know it, this kid is going to be here and that is pretty insane. Our apartment is full of baby stuff, but it's all still in boxes and gift bags, and I definitely don't feel ready. At this point, I'm doubting that I ever will feel ready and that's probably ok, a little fear is a good thing, right?


No comments:

Post a Comment