Thursday, December 5, 2013

Jug of Doom

Warning, this post is mostly about pee...

Yes, I did have to google "how to pee in a urine hat" because I had absolutely no idea what I was supposed to do with that thing. It's surprisingly easy. There is something very bizarre about peeing in a little hat that sits in the toilet, and then carefully pouring said pee into a ginormous jug that you store in the fridge between pees. It's definitely one of the most ridiculous things I've done in my life.

Luckily, I haven't had to pee much today. In fact, I don't think I pee nearly enough now that I think about it. With a monster of a baby kicking my bladder, surely there should be more of a need to pee. Maybe I just haven't had enough to drink today. I know I don't drink as much as I should, probably only half. I really need to start picking it up a bit. Apparently, being dehydrated can lead to contractions, which doesn't sound fun. DRINK MORE, ME!!! So far I've barely filled up any of the jug and on some of the forums online, chicks were saying they filled up one whole jug and needed a second one.... A SECOND ONE! At this point, I probably could have gotten away with a solo cup for how little I've had to go.

I think I'm least looking forward to my early morning pee, which lately, has been around 4am. It's the one time of day where my body is like "OMG GO NOW!!" I'll really need to remember to go to the fridge, and get my huge jug, and then go to the bathroom. Fun times.

I haven't heard back about my glucose test from yesterday, so I'm hoping that means everything was fine. Perhaps they're just really slow about results. I think the last time they tested me for a UTI, it took a week for me to get the results and that was only because I called and asked them about it.

Tomorrow, I'm curious about the logistics of carrying a giant pee-filled jug into the lab. Should I buckle it into the passenger's side on the way over? I know I'm supposed to put it in the bag they gave me, but it seems like a good idea to buckle it in also. I can only imagine if I get pulled over in the 3 minutes it takes to drive to the hospital.

 Officer - "Whatcha got there ma'am?"
 Me - "Oh you know, just the last 24 hours of my pee."

Good times. I almost hope that happens now. lol.


No comments:

Post a Comment