Saturday, November 1, 2014

I Have Been Neglecting You

Poor little blog, I have been neglecting you! I didn't even check to see how long it has been since I posted, I'm pretty sure I posted something after our little bundle of awesome was born. Man I really suck.

The kiddo is great, she'll be 9 months this week and babbles a lot, rolls herself around the room, and can pull herself to a standing position. If she's laying down, she can't sit up all the way though. She tries so hard... it's adorable. She is also getting so incredibly BIG! For the longest time, up until she was a little over 6 months, she was in 0-3 month clothes. In the last 3 months, she's jumped all the way up to 12-month clothes. WHAT?! She is just growing like crazy!

Since I've been gone, I got a job, left that job to go back to my old job, got a promotion, bought a house, traded in our old car, had our 4th wedding anniversary, and turned 30. Overall I'd say we did pretty well.

Hubbs and I had been trying to get pregnant again pretty much immediately after Ducky was born. We got the Dr's OK at my 6-week post-partum visit, and had been trying ever since. Supposedly, you're extra fertile right after having a baby. It just was not happening for us. Not at all. Finally, on my 30th birthday, after about 6 months of actively trying, I got my BFP!


Our first prenatal appointment is in a little over 2 weeks, which I found surprising considering all the problems last time with my progesterone levels and things, but we'll see. While we are a little scared of the idea of having 2 under 2, we are extremely amazed and excited that we were even able to get pregnant again at all. This little one and Ducky will be about 16 months apart. So glad we upgraded our car to one with a few more seats and a lot more trunk space.

I'll try to post as much as I can. It will mostly be a weekly weekend post. Thankfully, I have a normal work schedule now, but I'll have the most time to post in depth on weekends.  I guess I'll try to do a short little daily snippet, or random thought of the day or photo. I will try to come back to NaBloPoMo strong!


3 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your 9 month old and your BFP. Children are such a joy and blessing. And I can say that since I am the mother of 4. Best wishes on your NaBloPoMo journey. This is the first time I am participating in the NaBloPoMo challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You must be so excited to be pregnant again. Congratulations on that and also on participating in the NaBloPoMo Challenge. All the best

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the little one and on expecting!!! This is also my first time participating in NaBloPoMo and I look forward to following your journey!

    ReplyDelete