Monday, November 3, 2014

Work Update

Things have been going great at work. I shall provide a little rundown/breakdown for new readers.

I found out I was pregnant with Ducky shortly after starting work at Job A.
Massive layoffs a few months later, survived the first round. Applied for Job B and Job C to be safe
Get interview and job offer for Job C.
Leverage Job C offer to Job A. Get verbal promise for raise and promotion. 
Decide to stay at Job A.
2 weeks later, even bigger layoffs, did not make it. Laid off at 5 months pregnant.
Put on bed-rest shortly thereafter.
Get interview and testing for Job B.
Pass background screening for Job B and get offer to start whenever I want after Ducky is born.
Start Job B when Ducky was 6 weeks old.
Job A calls begging me to come back. I string them along for a while making them up their offer until it's worth it for me to leave awesome Job B.
Return to Job A.

I've been back at Job A for 3 months now. I'm almost done with my licensing to become a Loan Officer. Even though I'm only getting promoted to Loan Processor, the company decided they wanted all of the Processors licensed so we could discuss rates and other fun things with borrowers.

My promotion should be completed by February. So I'm just learning the last few bits now. My new title involves a significant pay raise and the fun addition of bonuses, so I'm really looking forward to that.

Now the snag. I am TERRIFIED to tell them I'm pregnant again. They laid me off in the middle of the last one, and while the timing of it turned out to be a good thing, I really don't want to go through that again. Hubbs was super stressed and worried how we were going to afford everything. I'm pretty sure I'm going to keep this one a secret until my belly gets so huge that it's incredibly obvious. Hubbs will keep working through my maternity leave, but when I go back to work, he will leave and stay home with the kiddos. It doesn't make financial sense for us to pay for 2 kids in daycare.

It would be nice if they'd let me work from home, since Hubbs would be there with me taking care of the munchkins. Sometimes they let people do it, we'll see if I can persuade them when the time is right.

I really don't know. To tell, not to tell. Management really is awesome and was extremely supportive last time with Dr's appointments and letting me take extra sick time. I just really don't want to risk that my promotion will be jeopardized. It's not like there's anyone else up for it, it's guaranteed to be mine. I will of course give them ample time to plan for my absence. Maybe I'll just wait till 20 weeks. I doubt I'll be able to play off the bump as me just getting fatter around the middle for much longer than that.

Any ideas? Positive or Negative experiences telling employers? It would be nice to hear other people's experiences whether good or bad. 

No comments:

Post a Comment