Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Ultrasound Tomorrow

I bumped up my ultrasound to tomorrow, with needing Progesterone supplements super early on last time, and my stupidly long and irregular cycles, it seemed like a good idea to get blood work and a dating ultrasound out of the way. Last time I had all of the fun of being high risk at the end of my pregnancy, I'm really hoping to avoid it all together this time around. Supposedly your chances of developing Pre-eclampsia the second time around is less when you have them back-to-back. We'll have to wait and see.

I'm nervous and excited. I'm just really hoping I'm far enough along that we can actually see a heartbeat and know for sure that this one is actually viable. Hubbs is going to come along, somewhat for support and mostly because it means he gets to go to work an hour later.

I'm trying out a different Dr's office this time. They have midwives as well as doctors. I would have to deliver at a different hospital, but it's really not that bad. I hear good things about that one. Sure it's a little further from our house, but still less than a 20 min drive away. I liked the experience I had last time, but I figure it can't hurt to give another office a try. They both follow the "rotating doctor" model, so it really doesn't matter who I see.

Wish us luck! I really just hope the visit alleviates a lot of my worry and fears. Last time, it did the opposite, but I'm optimistic about this time around.

No comments:

Post a Comment