Saturday, June 6, 2015

IF Walk

I participated in a 5k today that was a fundraising event for a few couples going through infertility. We were sponsoring a co-worker of mine in a raffle for a chance for her to win a free IVF cycle. She didn't win the cycle, but got 2nd place, which was $1000 towards her treatment. Hurray for that.

I walked the whole time pushing Ducky in her stroller with an older co-worker. We decided to be the walkers of the bunch, everyone else took the whole running thing way too seriously. It was nice, she actually asked questions about Lumpy and we talked about him a lot. She asked if I talked about him much, and I said no and that I thought it was because people didn't want to bring it up and would rather pretend he didn't exist. It felt good to kind of get some of it out there.

It was an interesting reminder participating in that event. I started this blog almost 4 years ago because I was infertile. Almost four years later I've had two babies. It's pretty crazy. I know I have a lot to be happy for. It was also nice just to spend some time outside and feel like I contributed to something good.

No comments:

Post a Comment