Monday, June 1, 2015

Long Weekend

Daycare was closed Friday and today, so I got to spend 4 straight days home with Ducky. It was really nice to spend so much time with her. Occasionally frustrating, but nice. She's grown so much in the last few months and I'm glad I get to see the person she's becoming.

Tomorrow all 3 of us have dentist appointments, which should be interesting. Hubbs hasn't been to a dentist in about 8 years. I'm about a year overdue, and obviously Ducky hasn't been yet. She has 16 teeth and could probably use a good cleaning. I love going to the dentist, I know Hubbs hates it, and Ducky most certainly will hate it too.

Hubbs and I are taking the rest of the day off, we'll drop Ducky off at daycare after the dentist, and go on a little movie date to see San Andreas. We both have a great love for the Rock and all of his movies, so it should be fun.

Having this much time off work though is kind of making my dread going back. I'm still just not sure how I feel about it and if I'm actually ready. I suppose I'll just keep going through the motions, but my heart definitely isn't in it. The fact that at one point it was kind of bothers me. I feel like my heart definitely has better things it could be doing.

I'm going to try my best to blog every day this month. I think it might just be helpful to sort out my own feelings and it will be nice to one day look back and see how far I've come. Sure now it's all grief and aimlessness, hopefully one day there will be joy and direction again. For now, I still just take it one day at a time and hope for the best. I think that's all you can really do when you just don't know what to do. 

No comments:

Post a Comment