Friday, June 5, 2015

Your Mom Goes to College

I applied to college today. Sure I left college 7 years ago and have been working at jobs I hate since then. Yes, most people hate their jobs, blah blah. Call me crazy, but I'd like to enjoy work for once. I won't know until October if I got in, but I feel like this could be a good thing.

Maybe it's because I'm 30 and just don't know what to do with myself anymore, but I've always had a dream job in mind, and now seems like a great time to go for it. I can prove to myself and to my daughter that it's never too late to go for your dreams.

I'm sure it's foolish to make life-changing decisions when you're in the process of grieving, but I'm going to do it anyway. I'm going to keep my current job (obviously), but hold out hope that this new plan works out. Hubbs is on board and is still trying to figure out what he wants to do with his life. As cheesy as it sounds, I know as long as we're together we can accomplish anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment