Thursday, June 7, 2012

Getting All Nostalgic Up in Here

As I may have previously mentioned, my 10 year high school reunion is this month. This makes me feel crazy old. I know, people will say something about how I'm a baby compared to them and blah blah. I say phooey. It feels like I should have done more in those 10 years. I mean, sure I got a B.A. and went to culinary school and EMT school... but it's not like I have an awesome job to brag about. I don't even have a job at all right now. I do have an great husband though, pretty sure only a handful of people from my graduating class are married at all. I don't know, I guess it's just that my life isn't exactly where I thought it would be 10 years out of school. A lot of that feeling has to do with the crummy economy and my inability to make babies, so I guess it's ok.

This reminder of my high school days and such has gotten me all nostalgic. I joined the reunion group on facebook. I also went around and FB stalked a bunch of my old college friends and friended them again. I used to have this weird 100 friend rule. I refused to have more than 100 facebook friends because it didn't seem to me like I would really have that many close friends. I realize now that I actually talk to my real friends... I should use FB to stalk the old friends that I wish I still talked to and see how they're doing and what they're up to in their lives. Massive friending spree of fun. I also texted a bunch of my old friends just to say hi. I don't know if it's because I really don't have any good friends here yet, or if it is just nostalgia, but I guess you really don't need a reason to say hey to a pal.

I would also like to give a warm friendly welcome to the influx of new readers stopping by from blogher.com! I'm having so much fun going on this June jump adventure with all of you. Feel free to comment and call me a jerk or say nice things, I welcome it all. I hope you stick around and have fun following in our life adventures.

No comments:

Post a Comment