Thursday, June 21, 2012

Scaredy Cat

Why yes writing prompt of the day! I have jumped out of my skin. While I am a horror movie fanatic and can watch pretty much any movie without getting scared... the slightest scare in real life will make me scream like a little girl and jump 10 feet in the air. I get the heck scared out of me so easily it is not even funny. Well, it's hilarious to the person scaring me. Like my husband likes to do on occasion. Not so funny to me though. I swear my heart stops and I have a mild heart attack. Good times.

Speaking of heart attacks. I tried to donate plasma today and yet again my pulse was too high. I really need to start working out more. I did notice however, that the day I did the relaxation yoga video was the day that I was able to donate cause my pulse was low enough. Perhaps I shall try an experiment. Tomorrow I will do said video again and then head off to have fluids sucked out of me through a giant needle.

Nothing really terribly exciting is going on. Our newest niece is having her baby blessing thingymajig on Sunday. Should be fun I guess. Hopefully there's food involved afterwards. Holding out the hope. Tomorrow night we're heading over to Hubbs' eldest sister's house for dinner and a game night. I'm looking forward to that. Their kids run around playing with Gibbs for hours and we get to sit around and play awesome tabletop games.

I've lost weight! I don't know if it's because of a lack of readily available food, or the fact that we haven't had fast food in about 2 weeks... but I am now 288lbs. That's a whole 12lbs less than a few weeks ago! Go me! Now that it's summer and warm and sunny and all that jazz, I think I will actually stick to my promise of trying to go for walks with the dog. The little 10min thing that Hubbs and I do sometimes at night totally doesn't count. There's a gorgeous river walk path thing right behind our place. It goes on for miles and miles. I of course, will not walk the whole thing. Little bits here and there and I'll build up to walking for a few miles. Could be fun. Have to go during the daytime though and carry mace or something. On more than one occasion ladies have been assaulted and/or raped on that path. So daytime walking it is for me!


No comments:

Post a Comment