Friday, June 1, 2012

Jump on in

When I hear the word "jump" I think of the obvious things, cannonballs into pools, trampolines, cliff diving. All things I enjoyed in my youthful summers at camp. Now that I am older and far more boring I've realized that "jump on in" is kind of my life's motto.

After college, I wound up moving back in with my folks, as so many are doing these days. I jumped right in to culinary school, then EMT school. When my mom was diagnosed with cancer and things got hard at home, I moved away in about a week. I met my husband, we met then got married all within the span of 6 months. I jumped back into school last semester and am starting a new one this summer.

I'm not sure what this says about me. I could put a positive spin on it and say that it means that I'm adaptable, not that I'm impulsive and make rash decisions. I don't think I would change that about myself though. Every one of those decisions lead to something great. Every time I fearlessly tried something new, I learned more about myself. How else can you find what makes you happy unless you're willing to try to find it?

I'm glad that now, as we pursue the dream of starting a family, that I'm able to jump on in. While there's a slight trepidation at this daunting task, I'm hopeful and know that it will all work out. Just like everything I've jumped into over the years. Things may not turn out exactly the way you want, but as long as you take a lesson from the experience, they'll turn out the way they were meant to.

So if I have to stick needles in my butt every day or pop pills every day again, if I have to be an emotional wreck because of all of the crazy hormones, or even if we decide to give up treatment all together, I'll do it. I'll jump right on in and know that no matter the outcome, I did everything I could, and wasn't afraid to try.

2 comments:

  1. No regrets! = the perfect explanation of "jump on in!"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea, I've found that over the years, I was regretting more the things I DIND'T do, rather than the things that I did. After that realization, I started jumping on on. Totally worth it.

      Delete