Friday, June 8, 2012

I Can Has New Friends?

There are few things that I'm terrible at. As we've learned this week... math is one of them. The other thing I pretty much suck at is making new friends. We've lived here for about 2 years now, and how many friends do we have to show for it? ZERO. Well, we have Hubbs' two sisters and their husbands, but I'm pretty sure they have to hang out with us, 'cause you know, they're family.

I had a few work friends. People you hang out with at work and during break or whatever, but never see outside of work. This last time around in school I didn't even have any class friends. Same as work friends, but obviously with classes instead of work. It takes me forever to trust people. FOR-EV-ER. I have a few close friends from college that I'm still pals with. Hey, my best friend in the whole wide world I, in fact, strongly disliked the first time I met her. Took me a whole semester to warm up to her. Trust is something that must be earned, I've always believed that. I apply that to my professional and personal life and will continue to do so. Another good one is "better safe than dead," I live by that one too.

I wish I could make friends easily, I really do. I know it's something I'll have to work of for the rest of my life. I guess it's a good thing I know that about myself though.

The only time I've ever really had people jump into my life, was when Hubbs and I got engaged. All of a sudden I had a new set of parents and five new siblings. All of them wanting to get to know me and spend time with me. It was nice. I just have one brother. I like to think that Hubbs' eldest sister and I have actually become friends. There are a few of his family members though, that are just meh. Like it wouldn't make much of a difference to me if we ever spoke or spent time together. I'm not sure if that just makes me a bitch, or if that makes me normal. I won't worry about it too much.

No comments:

Post a Comment