Monday, January 7, 2013

All Something and No Sleep Makes Something Something

Hubbs and I thought it would be a good idea to stay up till 5am. I swear we tried going to bed at a semi-decent hour. I spent well over half an hour laying in bed, staring at the ceiling, not even remotely tired.

This would have been fine if I didn't have to get up and sub at 8am today. Let's just say I am amazed I actually managed to make it through the whole day teaching. I guess somewhere in there I got my second wind and tumbled through the rest of the day.

I've been applying to any job I can find in the shipbuilding industry, and just today, remembered about the railway industry as well! Go me. So I applied to about seven more jobs all across the country and am sitting back, hoping for some good news.

I took about a three hour nap, but probably should have woken up at the 2 hour mark when I was all refreshed and ready to go, because now I'm feeling a bit sluggish and sleepy again. Oh well, hopefully this means that when I get home from class tonight around 8:45, I can just plop down and pass the heck out for the rest of the night.

I subbed for 6th graders today and they were a little bit annoying. Here, 6th grade is actually the last grade in elementary school, which I find extremely weird. The pretty much wouldn't shut up and really didn't want to do the work that was assigned to them for the day. Trust me, I knew how they felt. lol. With me though, the lesson plan gets followed and that's that. Teachers like it, students, not so much.

I definitely wish I could just skip class tonight, it's never a good idea to mess around with industrial machinery when you're as tired as I am. Maybe I'll just study for my certification test and then head out early. At this point I still have 2 welds left but I should definitely be finished by the end of the week, when I'll have to take the certification test anyway. Studying sounds like the best idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment