Tuesday, January 1, 2013

New Year, New Hopes

Last year was an interesting mix of failures, new beginnings, and some really random things, it's hard to remember everything that happened, because my short term memory pretty much sucks. That's one of the reasons I'm really glad that I blog. All of the exciting, heck, even boring little things sometimes make it in, and if I want to remember what happened last year, I can just go back, and read about it. Hurray for blogging. This year I shall endeavor to do so more, and actually, for one, post every single day in a month... I really have high hopes for February. lol.

Looking back over 2012, it was pretty crazy. We tried a few clomid cycles and failed epically, for a while there, even just the sight of babies and their cute little faces made me start sobbing uncontrollably. Those were good times. lol. Jobs and friends came and went. Hubbs and I got older and grew closer together.

At the moment I have two applications in for the dream job with two different companies, come this month or next, I'll put in two more. This year holds a whole new set of possibilities for us. If I get one of these four potential jobs, we'll be moving somewhere new and exciting. Each month won't be a financial struggle, we might even buy a house! I'm trying not to get my hopes up, but it would be super great if just once, our plans for the future actually worked out.

In February, we're going to the adoption orientation at our chosen agency so there's that to look forward to as well.

I know that every day, technically, can be the start of a whole new life, but the start of the new year just feels so much more magical. The whole year is in front of you and anything can happen. I'm choosing to welcome all of the possibilities with open arms and hope for something great.

So Happy New Year, world! Bring it on!

1 comment:

  1. I want to wish you the best in this coming year....2012 was one of the worst years its seems for everyone. Bearing that in mind, this coming year can only get better for sure!

    ReplyDelete