Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Long-Term Subbing

I finally scored my first cushy long-term sub job today! Hurray. I'll be subbing for the kindergarten special ed class for 6 weeks! The kids were really fun today and I'm glad the teacher liked me enough to keep me on. It should be good, I'm excited to actually get to know a class long enough to learn all of their names. 

In other news I've seriously applied to dozens and dozens of jobs at this point where I can put my new welding skills to use all over the darn country. At this point I'm just waiting to hear back from all of them. Which, granted, has been the story for quite a while now, but that's ok. I'm hopeful even though I got my first rejection today. We can cross El Paso, TX off of our potential new home list. lol. I've got applications in for shipbuilding, railways, aerospace, you name it. I'm sure I would be happy in any of those industries, but it seems like the railways pay the most. My initial dream was for the shipyards though, so I'm still keeping my fingers crossed for those over the others. 

I'm so tired still. It seems like by the time I decide I should go to bed, I'm not actually that tired and I just lay there like an idiot in the dark. I get up in the morning for work and then by the time I get home all I want is a nap, which I shouldn't take, because then I won't be tired at night, but I take one anyway because I can barely keep my eyes open. Such a vicious cycle. I guess I can pretend this is good training for when/if Hubbs and I ever actually have kids.

Now we just have a month to go before our orientation session with the adoption agency! So close! The wait doesn't bother me as much now as it did when I first found out our search was delayed in December. In February for the orientation it will be nice because we might actually know where we're moving by then, so that would be awesome.  We're lucky in that since we chose a nationwide agency, we can move wherever the heck we want and it doesn't matter.

I don't know if it's because of the cold lately or what, but I have been ridiculously thirsty. Last night at class, I drank a whole 52oz of water over 2 hours. Madness. I wake up completely parched as well. Oh well. I'll just keep drinking fluids and hope for the best I suppose.


1 comment:

  1. Your sleep pattern sounds like my 4 year olds, so I'd have to say it is good training for WHEN you become parents (sending that positive vibe into the universe for you).

    Congrats on the subbing gig. It'll be good for you and the kids to have some consistency.

    ReplyDelete