Saturday, November 3, 2012

3am Ramblings of a Sleepy Blogger

Since it is now 3am and I've pretty much just been oogling old pictures and trying to find the wedding videos I posted on youtube on an account I can't remember for the life of me. Luckily I found them and laughed my ass off watching them all. Who played Erasure "Always" during the cutting of the cake? We did. Cause we're awesome nerds and at the time, all of our friends and us too for that matter were utterly and completely addicted to Robot Unicorn Attack. To get back on track here, I was like... hey! It's technically the 3rd! That means I can post now and get credit for posting on day 3! Hurray me! Pure 3am omgi'mtiredandhavetogetupin6hoursgenius.

I needed some cheering. Frankly, lately I've been tired and unmotivated. I feel like I've hit a plateau at work and school is just kind of dragging along. Although I never really get tired of playing with fire and melting metals to make other metals stick together. Welding is awesome that way. So I ordered myself a Bert the Farting Hippo from NCIS (it was 65% off that day), because Hubbs and I love that show to pieces and also because it's a farting hippo and farts are hilarious. Except when Hubbs farts in my general direction whilst we're both under the covers and it's super gross. No methane cuddles for me thank you!

I am also debating about actually showing my face and releasing my identity on this blog. For over a year it has been my venting place. I over-share about Hubbs, my lady bits, and all of our futile attempts at baby-making. I talked about my history of abuse and things that I haven't been able to share with anyone I know in my everyday life. You though, readers, have seen all of the sides of me that I'm sometimes afraid to show. I've been living in this safe cocoon of anonymity for as long as this blog has been around and the idea of stepping outside of that safety net is both tempting and terrifying. I'll think about it some more, and maybe one day if you're lucky, my double chinned, double cheeked face will be plastered just to the right of whatever ramblings come to mind that day.
What do you all think? Was it hard for you to put yourself out there on your blogs or did it come naturally? Do you hide your blogger identity from friends or family? Do you tell your readers things you can't tell others? Let me know and share your stories of courage or cases where blogging backfired on your real life. I'm curious.

In other news I've added a little NaNoWriMo ticker to the right there to track my word count progress. So far it's going pretty well. I'm chugging right along and think it's coming together really well. I have my SiL all set to help proofread and such. She writes an online bi-weekly column on a rather well known website, so I value her input.

Now I really have to get my ass in bed. Tomorrow is going to be a long day. We're taking a 2 hour (each way) car ride with our horribly ill behaved 3-year-old nephew and much more delightful 6-month old niece. Wish us luck. lol. We're gonna need it.

No comments:

Post a Comment