Friday, November 2, 2012

OMG Hurray For Friday!

I cannot be more excited that it is Friday. This week has seemed like the longest week of my life and I am seriously so tired. Sure I'm blowing off both work and class today, but I'll probably still go to work tonight.

My forearms are so sore, which is guess is an improvement from yesterday when they felt like jello. lol. At school, I was grinding out a weld and kept noticing little imperfections, so I kept grinding... for like an hour. They don't have the cute little tiny grinders either, so I was hacking at my widget with a ginormous thing that had to weigh like, 30 pounds. Afterwards, when I had to hold a pen, my body said "NO!" and forced me to write with my left since it hurt the least. Good times.

NaNoWriMo is in full swing and I am pleased to say that yesterday I managed to slam out an introduction and a small portion of Chapter 1! Hurray! I'm looking forward to the weekend so I can sit down and really work on getting more of it down. I'm not sure that a 50,000 word novel can be written in 30 days, only writing on weekends, but we'll see. Fingers crossed.

Hubbs and I still haven't found time to get everything in order for the adoption agency visit. I'm kind of sad about that. Once November is over, I'll likely be switching to different hours, or a new job altogether which hopefully means we'll be able to get it together. Our new goal is to sit down and have our initial visit before 2013. Wish us luck with that.

Tomorrow we are heading up to "the city" for Hubbs' grandparents 60th wedding anniversary celebration. 60 years!! That is absolutely insane. My grandparents are all deceased, except for my step-grandmother who is now in her mid-forties I think... but that is a whole other story.
I love spending time with his grandparents. They are both in their mid-to-late-eighties now and are so kind and funny. They're always offering to spend time with us and I relish it. It makes me regret never getting the chance to know my own grandparents as an adult. The whole dynamic of the relationship changes and they give you advice and pass on the wisdom of the ages, that when you're a child, doesn't seem all that interesting. I'm hoping that we get several more years with them.


No comments:

Post a Comment