Wednesday, November 14, 2012

All of the Interviews!!

So far, I have snagged a few job interviews, two today and one tomorrow. I don't really have high hopes for these positions, but hey, something is better than nothing. I guess technically I was hired on at one of those staffing places, so they'll call me when a job comes up. One nice benefit of that is even if you don't work that week, as long as you're on the 'active' register you're eligible for health insurance! Woot! Sure they don't cover pre-existing conditions, but at least whatever other weird stuff comes up will be covered! So that's a win in my book. 

In the mean time, I made Fluxx boards last night! Fluxx is this super awesome card game that I have plugged on this blog before, but the only frustrating thing is that no one seems to know where to put all of the cards! In a game where the rules and goals constantly change and you've got to put down new cards, where do they go?!!? WHERE?! We have in our collection, Monty Python, Martian, and the newest addition, Cthulhu Fluxx! We love it and seriously play it a lot.

I had a boatload of extra felt left over from a failed baby shower (not mine, my SiL's) craft project and decided to put it to good use. I had enough to make 2 boards. One for Hubbs and me, and one for my eldest SiL to whom we introduced the game. Ours is a little more clean and polished, their is a little more not and more kid friendly. lol. Theirs was the rough draft. Anyway, here are some pics, cause who doesn't love pics?

 Kid's Board complete with glitter puffy paint, cause why not?


Our board


 Our board with cards in their places!


I'm seriously pleased with the way it turned out! No more cards sliding around the table, no more cards put in the wrong spot. A place for everything and everything in its place! Hurray!

Now with the rest of my 2 evenings off from work, I really need to get cracking on this book writing thing. I'm pretty sure I am nowhere near being on track to finish.

No comments:

Post a Comment