Monday, November 26, 2012

Studying Actually Works? Amazeboobs

I spent pretty much all day Saturday on vacation studying math. I had a big placement test to take today for that dream job I've been rambling on about for a few weeks now.
I banged my head against the wall and resisted the urge to reach for my calculator and magically, wonderfully, the practice must have sunk in during the hours I poured over those ridiculously hard math problems.

Today, I drove an hour, found the testing center, and sat down to a computer. I answered the questions and sat back in fear when it kept giving me more and more... this was a smart test, surely if it was giving me more questions, it was because I was getting too many wrong and it was trying to figure out just how much of an idiot I was. Eventually, after what seemed like forever, but was really a grand total of 1 hour, 33 minutes, and 39 seconds, the test ended and I was handed a single page of my scores.

The people at the dream job informed me that I needed a minimum of a 3 in math, 3 in writing, and 5 in reading... but wtf was this?! My test scores were 99, 96, and 40! What did this mean!? How was I supposed to know if I made the minimums?

I called a few placed frantically, the school in Virginia where the test was based, the dream job people, the school counselor. Finally I had my answer. I PASSED!! YAY!! Best day ever and for once, I actually mean that.

I came home, excitedly told Hubbs, and uploaded the scores to my application. Now all I do is sit and wait and hope that they choose me, a girl who rocked the test and exceeded (by far) all of the minimum requirements. Wish me luck, readers! The job posting closes at the end of December, so by then those chosen for interviews will be informed. I'll be sure to let you all know!

I have a few hours to kill before class, so I shall make a sincere effort to slam out some words for my NaNoWriMo novel that I have 4 days to finish... I really need to stop slacking on that. Luckily, I have all day for the next 3 days. I really hope I get it done by the deadline.

No comments:

Post a Comment