Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Things I'm Thankful For

I could get all serious and sappy, but you know what? Instead, I'm gonna list the things I'm thankful for that everyone probably forgets about.

1. Universal mini-USB chargers - My life is 10x easier now that there's not a separate charger for my phone, nook, camera, gps, and whatever other electronic crap I have lying around.

2. Scooters - In the short 3 months we've had our scooter as our second vehicle, it has already almost paid for itself in gas. Commuting back and forth between home, work, school, I was going about 100 miles in a 5 day period. We've gone from filling up the car every week, to every 2.5 and that is awesome.

3. Furbabies - As the Hubbs and I have yet to be cool enough to spawn our own offspring, we have our little furbaby. Sure he's had some health problems, and cost us like $800 in vet bills, and I had to BEG Hubbs for a year to let me get a dog... but that little muppet looking furball has brought so much joy to our lives. He cuddles with us when we're sad, makes us laugh at all of his adorable doggie antics, and is just awesome.

4. Cruise control - For the longest time, I didn't have a car with cruise control. I have driven across the country 3 times, taken several road trips totaling over 800mi and all the while, I had my foot on that stupid gas pedal. When we went shopping for our "new" car last year, I insisted that cruise control was a must. It is absolutely epically fantastic. No more leg cramps on road trips! Wooooo! Since we're driving to Vegas in about 4 hours, this was definitely on my mind.

5. Google+ Hangouts - I love google+ hangouts! It's been so fun to get together with my college friends and catch up actually seeing each others faces and expressions! lol. We dish on the latest gossip and laugh our heads off. If you haven't tried out G+ yet, seriously, go do it. I'm even considering dropping facebook entirely for it because all of the FB ads on my profile and such that you can't get rid of are really starting to piss me off.

That's all for now! I hope you all have a fantastic holiday weekend (if you're not in America, go ahead and just have an awesome rest of the week!) I shall return with hopefully enjoyable tales from Vegas. See you then!

No comments:

Post a Comment