Thursday, November 1, 2012

NaBloPoMo, NaNoWriMo

November shall be an interesting month filled with writing goodness. After much deliberation, I decided to put the book I'd been working on, on hold and try to finish a new one starting today and ending on the 10th. NaNoWriMo has some great prizes and really I just think it'll be a fun challenge. I have also encouraged Hubbs to participate. We're always bouncing ideas off each other and proofreading each others work and such. I don't have that much free time, Just a few hours between school and work in the afternoons, and that will be the time that I spend writing in addition to weekends.

In month's past, I have been a bit of a slacker in posting every single day for NaBloPoMo, but this month, I figure I'm going to go for it as best as I can. I know I've promised you that before, dear readers, but this time, I mean it. Lol. I'm so terrible at sticking to it. Especially when after working till midnight and getting up at 8:30, I pretty much feel like I'm in zombie-mode for the majority of the day.

A few things that have been entertaining me lately...

1. When listening to the audio book of 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea, there are almost constant references to "the poop" I am certain that Verne meant the poop deck, but I giggled pretty much every time the stuffy English narrator said "the poop." I am twelve.

2. We got Gibbs this new toy which he seriously cannot figure out. It's hilarious to see him pushing it around and sticking his nose in trying to get at the squeaky treasure inside. I think he's too light to actually be able to get it out properly.

3. We still haven't taken down our Christmas tree from last year, which is great, because now we're only a few short weeks away from the time when it's acceptable to put it up. We're ahead of the game! lol.

4. I'm currently in school to become a welder, and after a long day at school I notice 2 things: I'm always picking slag out of my cleavage, and black boogers are now a daily part of my life. I'm also wondering how long it's going to be before my fingertips are permanently blackened because seriously, no matter how often I wash them, they still seem to maintain a weird grayish/blackish tint.

I'm really looking forward to sticking to the plan this month and sharing in all of these new adventures with you. Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

  1. That part about slag in your cleavage cracked me up. :) Looking forward to reading more this NaBloPoMo.

    ReplyDelete