Thursday, November 15, 2012

Interviewing LIKE A BOSS!

I am fairly certain that my interview went well today. I applied to be a substitute teacher for the school district here and they've invited me back for the orientation. They mentioned that the orientation is paid, so I'm hoping that means I have the job as long as my background check comes back clean, which I am 98% sure it will. lol. Here's to hoping it works out! "How do I reach these keeeeeeeds?"

Anyways, Hubbs has been applying for jobs as well and only occasionally gets down on himself for not supporting our family. I really don't understand where he gets this macho thing from. It's really annoying at times. Granted, yes, deep down, I kind of do get annoyed at the fact that I've been the primary breadwinner for the majority of our marriage, but that doesn't mean that I think he's less of a man, or that he's failing me as a husband. These weird ideas work their way into his brain and it makes me so mad that he refuses to see how awesome he really is.

So I think technically, at the moment, I'm "hired on" by 2 or 3 of those staffing services kind of places. I like the freedom of getting to say yes or no to a job and not being stuck with something that sucks the life out of me on a daily basis.

The book is kind of at a standstill! This month is going by so fast and with the holiday coming up, I have no idea how I'm going to finish on time. I'm seriously still only about halfway done and really hope that I get in the writing groove soon. I'm going to make a deal with myself that I will sit down tonight for two whole hours and write the entire time. Free-writing just whatever comes to mind, I'll edit it later. lol. Gotta beef up that word count.

Next week Hubbs and I are heading to Vegas for a kind of last Thanksgiving hurrah. My parents are planning on moving at some point and I've been getting the feeling that they have some sort of big announcement to make. The last few times I've spoken to my mother on the phone, she's cried at the goodbyes and there was another conversation from a few months ago that peaked my suspicions that something was up. Maybe the cancer is back? Maybe they're moving to California? Maybe the alien space ship is finally coming to take them home? I seriously have no idea, but I'm pretty much dreading the conversation. 

I hope things are going well with all of you, dear readers! Do you have any big Thanksgiving plans? Dreading seeing your relatives?


No comments:

Post a Comment