Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Bone Tired

I came home from teaching today and was completely bone tired. Like when you feel just so completely wiped out and barely able to keep your eyes open. I passed out on the couch for almost 2 hours, but I can already tell when I get home tonight I'm going straight to bed.

Tomorrow is Valentine's Day, and also my last day of my shiny new birth control pills. This whole time, my boobs have been killing me and I've been having cramps like it's nobody's business. Apparently I have to give it 3 cycles to see if they go away or if it's just my body reacting weirdly to the hormones. The funny thing is, I'm only supposed to be on these suckers for 3 months to regulate my cycles. So by the time my stupid body will "be used to it", it'll be time to stop. That's helpful.

Hubbs and I are both still waiting to hear back from the separate jobs that we interviewed for. I'm hoping that the companies get crack-a-lackin' with the notifications because it would be nice to know sooner rather than later. Especially because if I get my job, I start on Monday.

I have class tonight but fairly sure I'm going to leave early. Tomorrow at work we're having a fun little Valentine's party for the kids. Everyone is going to bring Valentines for everyone else, which is what you do in kindergarten. It would be super awesome to get that many Valentine's again! There's one little girl in the class who is VERY popular with the boys. They all want to be her friend and clap and cheer for her whenever she gets called on or chosen to do something. It's very cute. Totally gonna be a heart-breaker, that one.

Even though Hubbs and I are poor, we're thinking the day after Valentine's we're going to go pillage the leftovers of love tokens from Walgreens and Rite Aid and such. They usually mark all of that down really quickly so they can make room for all of the Easter stuff. Works for us! I did make him some homemade chocolate dipped strawberries the other day and they were pretty good. Hurray for melting chocolate chips in the microwave actually working.

If you don't have a special other someone this year, it's important not to forget the very special person that is YOU!!! When I was single (which was ALWAYS, heck, I never even had a Valentine until after I'd gotten married. lol.) on Valentine's Day, I would treat myself to whatever the heck I wanted. Sushi? Yes please! Horror Movie? Why the heck not!? Mani/Pedi? Droooool. Do something special for yourself. You don't have to please someone else, so take the time to do something pleasing to you! One year I went to the natural history museum and walked around for hours and hours. I'm notoriously slow at museums so I never bring anyone with me anyway just to spare them the boredom. lol. So whatever it is, go do it. Celebrate the awesomeness that is you this year and know that you can have a good time with just yourself for company.

No comments:

Post a Comment