Monday, February 18, 2013

Just Another Monday

Well today I officially got the word that I didn't get the job I had the 2nd interview for last week. That's ok though. They apparently liked me and want to keep my application on file in the event that they have any additional upcoming openings. Something tells me I won't be hearing from them again though.

I spent most of yesterday applying to several more jobs and hope that something good comes out of it. At this point I just don't know what else I can do. Hubbs is going to apply to Arby's, I hope that works out I guess.

At this point I am just so tired of struggling and constantly applying to things. Maybe I should just let Hubbs join the military like he wants to and I can just find something wherever he gets stationed I guess. He has to finish school before that can happen though. I don't know, at this point it really does seem like the most valid option for our family.

We had a little date at the $3 theater this afternoon and saw Jack Reacher. It was pretty good, lots of twists and action-y goodness. This theater is super awesome. Tickets are $3, large popcorn $3, large soda $3, refills $1. It is an awesome deal. We wind up paying for everything with the cost of concessions alone at another theater. We think we're going to make this one our go-to theater from now on.

Still waiting to hear back from the rescue as to what fuzzy little ball of love we're going to be adding to our home and trying to adopt out to a loving family. I'm super excited and really glad that Hubbs is going along with it. He's so great.

Half of the time, a part of me just thinks that we should just sell everything except some of our clothes and just head down to Belize now. Hubbs was like, "what would we do?" and my response was "what the heck are we doing now?" lol. We barely scrape by as it is and I'm sure there's something we could find down there. Oh well, I'll just let it be a fantasy for a while.

In other news, I think AF might FINALLY show up. I've had some very light spotting since last night and am pretty sure this is it. I kind of hope though that it isn't going to be a crimson tidal wave of destruction because I haven't had a period since October. Good stuff. The cramps haven't been terrible, but it hasn't exactly been a walk in the park either. At least it's not as bad as when I was on the shot and I couldn't leave the fetal position in my bed and felt like I was going to die. Progress. Woot.

Back to teaching tomorrow. At this point I'm halfway through my long-term assignment, and while I do like the kids and the school, I really need to start picking up some of those awesome full days again. It would be very nice to bring home more than just $100 a week.
 

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like these are tough times for you. Believe me, I'm with you on that one. I'm glad you have such a positive spirit that's readable in the animal situation in spite of the difficulties. It sucks you didn't get the job, but try try again. You can do it.

    ReplyDelete