Saturday, February 2, 2013

Groundhog Day! Again!

Today was a delightfully lazy day. I started some chili in the morning and let is simmer and cook and get delicious all day. It turned out pretty well. The idea behind it was pretty much "let's get rid of all of these cans of things". It was a little sweeter than I prefer, but Hubbs was a fan. We turned it into a 3-way (over spaghetti and topped with cheddar cheese) people from Cincinnati know what I'm talking about.

Recipe(ish) I think I'm gonna name it "Cabinet Chili"

1 diced onion
1lb. stewing beef
1 can diced tomatoes
1 can pork and beans
hot sauce to taste
throw some garlic salt in there
splash on some chili powder

Simmer on low for 5-8 hours and dollop on some pasta and top with shredded cheddar cheese.

___________________________________________

Tomorrow we are going to BW3's (Buffalo Wild Wings) for the Super Bowl. My Ravens are in it and it would be awesome to see Ray Lewis win in his final season. I've been a fan since high school, so it's more of a nostalgia thing for me. This year it'll be nice though because I'll actually be into more than just the commercials, although sometimes that turns out to be my favorite part.

I managed to line up a job interview for Monday evening. I'm looking forward to it. Landing it will mean I can keep my subbing job and still make enough money at this new gig to afford rent. Which, for us, honestly, has been a concern. We have enough saved up that we're fine for a few months... but come spring, I was starting to worry we wouldn't be able to save up enough. Wish me luck. It's an interesting job which basically boils down to being an actor. Essentially though, I'm acting as myself from 5 years ago, so hopefully it's not too hard. lol. Any well wishes and good luck sent my way would be greatly appreciated.

Today was Groundhog Day, which for me, means my annual screening of Groundhog Day. I have some holiday movies that I must watch every year. Hocus Pocus for Halloween, Scrooged and Love Actually for Christmas, Pirates of the Caribbean marathon on International Talk Like a Pirate Day (Sept. 19th), and of course Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy on Towel Day (May 25th). Wow, I am a super geek! Anyways, these things bring me joy. lol.

Besides, is there anything funnier than this?!



I love anything that even years later, can bring a smile to my face. That's an epic win in my book. I hope you all have a fabulous day tomorrow stuffing your faces with food that is terrible for you and yelling at the TV. I know that's what I'll be doing!

No comments:

Post a Comment