Thursday, February 7, 2013

I Can Has Friday?

Thank you everyone for your kind words of encouragement, they were definitely needed and helped lift my spirits. So did my little movie date with myself last night. I laughed and cried and did indeed forget about by problems for a little while. Easy to do when everyone on screen has way worse problems than you. lol.

I'm trying to convince Hubbs to let me get another dog. Getting another small dog really won't add that much to our expenses, but it's going to be a hard sell, I can tell. Heck, it took me a year just to convince him to add Gibbs to the family. It's funny, now he's even more obsessed with our dog than I am. I'm holding out hope though because at this point, having 2 furchildren is far more likely than us having any real ones any time soon. There is a website here that rents out puppies by the hour... maybe an hour of puppy snuggles is just what I need. I'll look into that. Hrmm. $15 might be worth it for an hour of cuddly puppy lovin'.

I'm still waiting to hear back from the job I interviewed for on Monday. I think I'll hear back by the end of next week, because they said they'd let me know within the next 2 weeks. I'm feeling pretty confident, but I've been burned before. lol.

I haven't touched my book in months, after the wham-bam-thank-you-ma'am that was NaNoWriMo in November, I think I got a bit burnt out. My eldest sister-in-law is dying to find out what happens and I really should polish it up and maybe try to sell it or something. I'm sure there's a weird market for it. I'm actually thinking about making it more YA (young adult) since all the lead characters ever do is make out a little bit. In watching a lot of movies lately though, I've realized that many of them do in fact just end with some smoochy times instead of sexy times. Maybe I'm on the right track after all. I do still love my characters and want to do them justice, I'm just having trouble with motivation at the moment.

Teaching today was very taxing. Only one student was absent and despite all 3 of us trying to wrangle 11 kids, they were really just acting up. Over the course of the day I was told that I smell, was spat on, and then a full on fight broke out on the playground during recess. Luckily tomorrow is an "early out" day, so technically I only work for about 2 hours. If it was a full day, I don't know that I'd make it. These kids are generally great, but sometimes they just really try my patience.

Hubbs is feeling a little bit better but his fever keeps randomly coming back. It's like 102, no j/k 99, wait, 101! Super annoying, but I'm glad he's no longer pukey and super gross. It looks like it will be ramen seasoning flavored water for dinner for him yet again and I will fend for myself. Costco pizza is sounding pretty good right about now and Hubbs hates it, pretty sure that would be a win/win. 

No comments:

Post a Comment