Thursday, February 28, 2013

End of February Update

Here's the wrap-up from February because, well, I've sucked at posting the last few days and I'm sleepy. Yet again.

1. Dream job interview set for 5 short days away. Terribly excited. Can not wait. Seriously.

2. Only 2 more weeks of my subbing gig. Honestly, it can't come soon enough, my patience is wearing very thin and I can't wait to leave.

3. Started a new job, commission based, but I have high hopes at the moment.

4. We had to return Luna to the rescue. Gibbs pretty much hated her, I was allergic, and basset personalities are not a good fit for us. Not to mention the mountain of health problems I discovered she had upon bringing her home. Good times. We've settled on pretty much only ever having small dogs in the future.

5. Hubbs is plotting out our retirement savings. It's hilarious because we have practically NO money to start saving. I think it's all hinging on this upcoming interview.

6. Money is very tight, but we have a little trickling in here and there and are hoping for the best. Hubbs and I continually apply to more job opportunities and will take whatever we can get. We are job whores.

7. I am very anti-child at the moment. Research has shown me that the average child takes almost $300,000 to raise to age 18. That's PER kid. Insanity. I was like. "damn, we can just save up all of that money and retire early and live like kings in a 3rd world country for the rest of our lives." NEW PLAN! Hubbs is sure that I'll change my mind, and maybe I will. At the moment though, I have absolutely zero desire to have children, which I find hilarious because we've basically spent the last 2 years desperately trying to have one. You win, universe, you win.

8. I'm still trying to revise my book. I think I've got about half of it to where I want it. It's just a question now of making sure the end ties together nicely, but isn't too obvious. I'm going for a bit of a twist ending. We'll have to wait and see if it pans out.

9. Hubbs and I are still obnoxiously in love, which is good. There were a few times there where I was resentful and everything he did annoyed me. I'll just chalk it up to hormones or something. He is sweet and caring and very very lovable.

10. I actually have tried somewhat to be healthier. I haven't had fast food in forever. I'm paying attention to what I'm eating and when. I have no idea if I've lost any weight or not, but I feel better. I even go on walks! It's pretty awesome. Hopefully I keep it up and eventually look kick ass in a bikini.

So that's pretty much it for the last little bit of our lives that I haven't blogged about. I look forward to heading on in to this new month of adventures with you and hope you stop in every once in a while to see what we're up to. February was great, but it'll be nice to MARCH forward. lol. I crack myself up.

No comments:

Post a Comment