Monday, February 11, 2013

Interviews and Overflows

I feel like my entire life lately has been nothing but job interviews... hopefully the 2nd interview I had today will be my last one for a long while. Hubbs has an interview early tomorrow morning and I so hope he gets it.

This afternoon I was planning on rearranging all of the furniture in our apartment, but then the toilet started overflowing and flooded the bathroom! At least it was clean water pouring out all over the floor and soaking everything. I'm not exactly sure how I'm supposed to clean the floor when we don't have a mop. Looks like I'm going to have to get creative. Would a blow dryer work?

My genius rearranging everything plan also failed because our TV is an inch too big for our entertainment center so now I have to rethink the whole thing. I've chopped off my hair, but I still need more of a change. Too poor to afford a new tattoo, so rearranging the furniture is the next best thing. Our living room is just so cramped and I always feel much better after changing my surroundings.

Since the majority of my plans for today were thwarted, I think I'm going to just throw away all of the garbage lying around everywhere and put all of the clothes scattered across the floor away to make it easier when I fix the apartment tomorrow.

Another thing that sucks is the ridiculous mountain of debt that is slowly burying Hubbs and I. me? Meh, grammar isn't really my thing. We owe around $300 at about 4 different places, $600 at another. We're making payments and slowly trudging along, but I have no idea how we're ever going to pay these medical bills and other such things off. Our windshield is severely cracked and gets worse every day. Shelling out $200 for that is going to put a massive dent in our "savings". I put it in quotes because is it really savings if it's technically already spent? In filing our taxes on Saturday, I realized how little we actually made last year. If you add up ALL of our income, student loans included, we didn't even make enough money to cover rent for the entire year. We barely made it by the skin of our teeth and only with help from friends and family.

Pretty pretty please can we both get these jobs? It would literally double our yearly income and allow us to finally pay off everything and not have to constantly worry how we're going to pay for this or that or whether we're going to get evicted. Ahh, the joys of being a grown up. Things could be worse, things can always be worse, I should be thankful we even have the things that we do and I am. I just also wish that it didn't feel like we were buried in the sand up to our necks and dreading the moment the tide comes in.

No comments:

Post a Comment